GtkRadiant

javaguy

Has anybody gotten GtkRadiant to work using winex?

You're probably wondering why with winex when there's a native Linux build. The reason is that the Windoze version has JK2 and JK3 support, and I have it straight from the horse's mouth that the developers have no plans to port JK support to the Linux version. So I'm stuck.

Anyway, I got the Windoze version, and the installer ran fine, but when I try to run it under winex I get:

I/O warning : failed to load external entity "file:///C%3A/Program%20Files/GtkRadiant-1.4/global.pref"

** (GtkRadiant-1.4.0.exe:134663656): WARNING **: Couldn't load font "Sans 10" falling back to "Sans 10"

** (GtkRadiant-1.4.0.exe:134663656): WARNING **: Couldn't load font "Sans 10" falling back to "Sans 10"

** (GtkRadiant-1.4.0.exe:134663656): WARNING **: All font failbacks failed!!!!

(GtkRadiant-1.4.0.exe:134663656): GLib-CRITICAL **: file gstring.c: line 278 (g_string_free): assertion `string != NULL' failed

(GtkRadiant-1.4.0.exe:134663656): GLib-CRITICAL **: file gstring.c: line 278 (g_string_free): assertion `string != NULL' failed

The global.pref file is there and looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<qpref version="1">

<epair name="gamefile"></epair>

<epair name="autoload">false</epair>

<epair name="log console">false</epair>

</qpref>

Any ideas? I'm stumped.

• 1 month later...

Follow-up:

Since I got the latest winex (and the MS font pack) it now starts up, but I get an error dialog that I can't read because the fonts appear (ironically) to be messed up. It does give me three legible buttons that say File, Edit and View, but no matter which one I push the program then closes.

Has anybody anywhere gotten this to work?