9.0 problems

Guest arromdee

Guest arromdee

Where is linux_logo located? /etc/rc.d/rc.local mentions it, but I don't seem to have it, and it's not in any of the packages I can find.

I set lilo to be graphical by mistake and want it to be text. How can I set it back to be text? I looked at the documentation and everything in /etc/lilo.conf looks like it's already set up for text mode, with no references to bitmaps and a "message=" line that is inconsistent with bitmaps.

(And is there any forum that is read by anyone from Mandrake? There were some annoyances about this install.)

Guest arromdee

That doesn't work! If I do that, it stays graphical. I can even go directly back into control center and it'll still tell me it's graphical. All other changes I make in control center will stick around and do work--*only* the text/graphic change won't stick.

Further investigation showed that there's a /boot/message file which is linked to a "text" version if I choose text menu, but the text message is just a copy of the graphical message. Actually deleting it causes there to be no lilo menu at all.

Nothing I do to /etc/lilo.conf will work either. (Again, changes other than graphics/text do work.)

Guest arromdee

The problem is that the lilo screen is coming up graphical, so what I type in there really doesn't matter.

Anyway, I "fixed" my problem. The "fix" was to download the source code for lilo, recompile it, and run it on the same lilo.conf I already had.

I can only conclude that this means that Mandrake Linux 9.0's was compiled without the text menu enabled, which is absurd.