Kppp and clock

Thorvan

Alright, got on the net ;) Ran kppp from a terminal, connected fine but after I was on I closed the terminal and kppp is gone from the ... systray! Its still connected, so no huge deal ... but how can I get it back? And is there a way to launch kppp without the terminal stuff?

Also, what is up with my clock? Windows displays it fine, the system clock is right in the bios ... yet when I set it to my timezone it goes totally out of whack. Its about 23 hours fast ;) Its meant to be Thursday 5 4:20 yet it displays Friday 6 3:20. Any ideas? Probably something extremely simple.

Thanks in advance!

Btw, sorry if this is in the wrong forum, just didn't really know where to put it exactly ;)

(1) Run kppp from the menu

(2) Go to Mandrake Control Center (mcc from a console) and go to System -> Date & Time. Change the timezone. Click 'No' when asked if your system clock is GMT. Change the timezone back to what it is supposed to be, click 'No' again when it asks if system clock is set to GMT. (You may now have to adjust the time) Click 'Ok' and close out. Reboot and see if that fixes it.