XINE with nvidia driver

klemm

Hello

I used to use xine to look dvds and divix

In Gxine config, there are buttons to change the Saturation, Contrast & Brihtness

Those settings work when I have "NV" driver set in XFree config

After I installed Nvidia driver and did set the driver to "nvidia" I am not able to change the Saturation, Contrast & Brihtness in Gxine (nor does it work in any other player like aviplay, mplayer)

Are there some settings I have not noticed ?

Or ist it hopless to change them with nvidia driver ?

I have an old 400CeleronMMX and RIVA TNT card. running MDK 91. and just setting up 92 on the other partition.

I remeber that last time I could change the britness was in Mandrake 8,2 and that was the last time I remeber.

Well could someone have the NVIDIA kernel and drivers source from 2 years ago. Just though that Nvidia probably does not have the support for my card eny more so I could compile the kernel drivers from a 2-3 years old sorce file when my card was still supported.

Any suggestions, advise how to put it work properly.

??

Kristjan

I also use gxine and I have a button next to the sound-icon that opens a wibndow with the necessary gliders(is this correct???)..anyway you'll see. Or maybe you have those, but they just don't do anything when you change them? I haven't checked that .... but is this your problem?

Or maybe you have those, but they just don't do anything when you change them? I haven't checked that .... but is this your problem?

Exactly

The buttons do nothing. (when I load the nvidia drivers ) I may glide the buttons form one edge to another without any change.

Same applies with any video player, together with "nvidia" graphics module

they work with original "nv" driver, but then everything is very slow.