Cable modem

Guest billforce

Guest billforce

My sytem, dual boot Win XP and MDK 9.0 on MSI, Duron 900, 256 PC133,

SCSI HD and 3Com HomeConnect Shark modem. Modem works great with XP USB....problem, no USB drivers for Linux. I installed an Intel NIC, Linux recognizes that the card is installed but can't connect the cable modem.???

billforce

"In the valley of the blind, the one eyed man is king!"

I set up my cable using static values, not automatic-DHCP. Look in Control Center/Network and Internet/Connections and see if you have IP address and gateway.There's a wizard you can run to configure the modem manually. You'll need to know your IP, gateway, DNS, netmask and hostname

Try going to Mandrake Control Center>Network & Internet>Connection. Under LAN Configuration check to see if under "State" it says up. Also note the driver being used. You can reconfigure the NIC and internet connection by ticking the Wizzard button.

I didn't see any Intel NICs listed under supported hardware on Mandrake's site so you may have some problems with this card. If you reconfigure through Wizzard, you will have an opportunity to select the driver. See if there's an option for your card you can select.