I lost Mdk 10

mdg

I changed the display manager in mdk-10.0 via mcc-system-display manager (mdkkdm to kdm) and on reboot everything fell apart

After choosing the 10.0 option from lilo at bootup, all I get is a few white dots at the top of a black screen

Which file do I edit to change back to where I was?

If it's your Xserver ...

Start your computer in failsafe .. if that isn't available ..press escape when you are in lilo. You should get a "command-line" if I"m right. type:

linux init=3 or linux init 3

I'm not quite sure.

You should get a terminal/command-line-screen after boot.

login...

type

startx and post any errors you get and your /var/log/XFree86.0.log here please, so we can get more details about what goes wrong.

if it really happens after your lilo and not after boot, can you choose teh option failsafe or linux init=3, ...?

so you get a terminal-screen???Although I can't really imagine that switching login-managers disrupts your boot ..., ok starting X can be .... but I'll leave on open mind.

Type "linux 3" B)

The same thing happened to me! I reinstalled, because I was not using 10 for my main distro. I couldn't find any obvious problems, and I couldn't get anything else to boot in X. I know, sloppy work on my part!