kgraphspace

FX

• 2 weeks later...

hey - that's pretty neat. i wasn't aware of it - thanks.

but here's a similar thing, but way way cooler - it was used in the Jurassic Park film. You should be able to grab it via urpmi by doing

urpmi fsv

873.jpg

FSV - 3D visualizer

(home site fsv.sourceforge.net appears to be down right now)

Link to another, slightly big , screenshot

Link to another screenshot

Fsv, the 3D File System Visualizer, allows you to view a collection of directories and files as three-dimensional geometry. It represents all or part of a filesystem as a collection of blocks of varying sizes, each labeled with a filename, and arranged in a manner consistent with the original directory structure. fsv can visualize any arbitrarily large collection of files, limited only by memory and hardware constraints. Program features include an integrated 2D interface, intelligent camera handling, and extensive use of animation. fsv requires OpenGL.
Edited by kde-head

i've actually been using it recently - rather than treating it as eye candy.

its a great way for clearing out your home directory - "ohmygod - so THATS the whoopping BIG directory of stuff i downloaded last year and forgot about"

you can't miss big directories with the app.

another thing i've used it for is for exploring the kernel source - it's fascinating just browsing around the various branches - places you never knew existed. it's a great way of learning the kernel tree.