Enlightenment (dumb question) -opening term window

inigo2

Okay, this may be the dumbest question ever, but in the default install of Enlightenment I cannot for the life of me figure out how to open a term window... I'm trying to mess around with different window managers, but this is kinda limiting me... It's probably right in front of my face, but....

Thanks......

1.) ctrl key + left mouse -> applications -> terminals

or

2.) middle button on 3 button mouse = same

or

3.) scrolling mouse with middle button on scroll = same

(my logitech MX300 has a clickable scroll button)

Edited by cjc

Sorry, should've been more specific... I can get to the applications menu, but there's no option to open a term window, and I can't figure out how to add that option to the list. I spent some time looking through MenuDrake, and read the help file, but wanted to ask here before I screwed things up...

Thanks...

A Ha...

It may be that you do not have a terminal installed that is not associated with a GUI (KDE or Gnome). I have ATerm and ETerm installed. These show up in the Enlightenment menu.

Well, that was a step forward: I now have a terminal option in my menus... thanks!

Unfortunately, somewhere along the way I seem to have taken a step backwards as well: a ton of the other menu options just disappeared. Actually, it seems like it reversed between what it used to show, and what it now shows. (ie. I didn't used to have a "news" option under networking, but I did have about 6 or 7 other options, such as "web"; now, I just have "news"...) Any idea why that might've happened? I may have changed something in menudrake, but I don't know what...and it didn't show up until I did that last install...

Thanks!

I was recently having the same problems with enlightnement. Run menudrake in enlightenment as root, again (I know :angry:), choose system meu, and check "configure all enviroments" under the enviroments heading. Save it, exit, and it should update most of the enlightenment menu to match your other wm menus.

Just so you know, I had to do this repeatedly :wall:, it never worked 100%, and it's one reason why I gave up on the whole enlightenment thing.