Sound Card module installation issues

LukeK

Hello folks,

I just recently purchased the TB Santa Cruz sound card (cirrus logic chipset) and have encountered a small problem with installation. I have been following orders/directions on the alsa site (http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/doc-php/template.php?company=Turtle+Beach&card=Santa+Cruz&chip=CS4630&module=cs46xx)

and have successfully ./configured, made and make installed the drivers. I then continue to run the 'modprobe' command to, as alsa states it, 'insert the modules into the kernel.' Upon execution of that command I end up with the following error:

/lib/modules/2.4.21-0.13mdk/kernel/sound/acore/snd-timer.o: unresolved symbol snd_compat_strlcpy

There are about 8 consecutive errors just like that, each naming different components that are unresolved.

I've read a few websites pertaining to this problem but so far none of the solutions I've read/tried have had any effect. Might you you have any advice? Thanks for your time,

Luke K

in my experience, unresolved symbols while trying to load a module means that you're missing an needed module. i'm not really sure what module you're missing, but i'd check to see if you have soundcore. if its not there you're gonna have to recompile the kernel with soundcore enabled.

also, i'd check to see if there are mandrake rpms for the alsa driver.

for the record, i've only dealt with alsa using the 2.6 kernel (where alsa is built in to the kernel) in gentoo. unresolved symbols is a common error, so its shouldn't matter