gkrellweather

chris-tux

It may be because the config file has been calling the file that doesn't exist. What that mean is that the executable GrabWeather is put into the wrong directory. Check your ~/.gkrellm2/user_config file and check whether there is a line like this:

gkrellweather command /usr/local/bin/GrabWeather WIIH

WIIH is my weather station.. yours should be different (unless you are living in the same area as mine :) )

Now, see if the executable GrabWeather is actually is in the directory /usr/local/bin. If not, check the /usr/bin directory to see if the executable is there. If it is, either copy it over to /usr/local/bin, or edit the user_config file so that the line points to the right directory, whichever is easier for you.

I have recently installed Gkrellweather and configured it according to the recommendation in this topic. However, the machine it is on connects to the internet through a proxy.

Gkrellweather never updates and when I do a basic 'GrabWeather CYOW', I get - 500 Can't connect to weather.noaa.gov:80 (Bad Hostname 'weather.noaa.gov') at /usr/bin/GrabWeather line 51

It seems that I cannot connect by ftp through my proxy even though the ftp port is enabled. Any ideas on how to access the GrabWeather through http?