MySQL Error

Guest mtf169

I get the following error anytime I try and login into mysql through the console:

Error 2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

At first I checked to see if mysql was even running. According to the drakconf services panel it wasn't so I started it up and got the same exact error. Any help on what I've got configured incorrectly? Thanks.

Yeah, I had tried webmin and made sure it was running. Still didn't work, so I tried uninstalling mysql through webmin and then reinstalled mysql through the drakconf. It worked! I don't know what went wrong during installation, but everything seems in order now. Thanks for the help.

• 1 year later...
Guest pbooker
Yeah, I had tried webmin and made sure it was running.  Still didn't work, so I tried uninstalling mysql through webmin and then reinstalled mysql through the drakconf.  It worked!  I don't know what went wrong during installation, but everything seems in order now.  Thanks for the help.

Sorry to sound like such a newbie - but how, in webmin, did you uninstall mysql? I'm getting the same error as you and would love to fix it! :)

This information is pretty old so you shouldn't do this..

You can uninstall MYSQL but first..

Learn about software updates.. You need to learn how to setup your sources so you can update properly. Afterwards, your error may go away. Topics to look for are

software updates

urpmi

easyurpmi