Videos in browser

Urza9814

Just wondering, what is the Linux equivilent to the windows IE/netscape/mozilla/etc... WMP plugin? I can't run any videos on this, and (obviously) WMP doesn't support linux

I use mozplugegr for a lot of stuff, but plugins for flash, ..can be installed using rpm I think. But you can also install them using mozilla's xpi-system .... these are just zip-files that make installation easy.you just click to install them:

(from mozilla anyway and if the system is setup good, mayeb also from desktop environment but don't know that :D):

http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/linux.html

You could install xine and teh gxine-front-end (I use gxine-fornt-end myself ..although it is a little older ..and Mandrakje uses the totem-frontend actually .. I see there is a gxine-plugin listed ..anyway you can this also using mozplugger .. althought maybe not so nicely as gxine-plugin, but can't judge actually ..have no rea complains: if you want help with mozpluigger .you can ask here).

Edited by Michel