Mandrake Linux Corporate Server 2.1

Sorry if this is the wrong section to post this.

I am somewhat new to linux/mandrake.

I've tired Redhat 9.0 and Mandrake 9.2

Both are nice distros...but I see Mandrake is much better at allowing a newbie such as myself to learn the linux way...

My question is...I would like to play around with a web server using linux...I understand that most servers are using Redhat 7.2 on up to 9.0...I find Redhat very hard to configure as a newbie...but Mandrake was alot more user friendly.

Now...I see Madrake has the distro Mandrake Linux Corporate Server 2.1 located here

http://www.mandrakesoft.com/products/corporate-server

Is there a source to download this...possibly a trial version...or can I do what that distro does with regular Mandrake 9.2...or would any specific Mandrake Distro...since there are quite a few different distros for mandrake to choose from?

Thanks for looking.

Also...is there any decent Ebooks out that cover the 9.2 disro?

BNN121

mandrake 9.2 should work just fine as a server. if you're just learning linux and want to "play around" mandrake is definitely the best choice. the computer i'm writing from has been running a webserver on 9.1 for about 10 months and has never crashed and only been rebooted a few times since installation.

you should be able to install apache (and probably other webservers) from 9.2's package management and others here can probably give you advice on security, etc.

You definitely do not need the corporate server in order to run a web server. My guess is that all the corporate server will give you is an older kernel, multiprocessor support, and support for memory greater then a gig.

For what you want, the everyday vanilla flavoured version of Mandrake, or any other linux distro, will do fine. And probably be easier to install the servers as well.

Any questions on setting everything up just shout.

Thanks for the reply...couple questions though.

1)...If the current Mandrake distro does not have the latest app such as Apache, PHP, MySQL, Perl Would it be wise to install mandrake as a personal workstation and then add the webserver apps after?

2) While I'm thinking about it..is there a list or page that shows/tells you what each distro relase is called?

Example

Redhat 9.0 = Sevren

Redhat 10.0 Fedora

Stuff like that?

Is there a list for Mandrake?