Can't use TV card with 2.6 kernel on MDK 9.2

Bam

I downloaded the necessary rpms to install the 2.6 kernel on my 9.2 box from a cooker repository. Unfortunately now I can't get my TV card to work. The new kernel doesn't create /dev/video0. Both Xawtv & tvtime have the same problems.

Video is working fine for movie files in Xine....It's just a problem with the TV card & no /dev/video0.

Do any of you MDK/Linux gurus know how I can fix this? The system is running great with the new kernel except for this one problem.

Thanks in advance for any help y'all can give me.

{edit} After doing some more searching, I found out that if I type in "modprobe bttv" at the CLI it sets up the /dev/Video0. How would I go about making it load the bttv module during startup? {edit}

Thanks again.

Edited by Bam

Guest kuchwas
{edit} After doing some more searching, I found out that if I type in "modprobe bttv" at the CLI it sets up the /dev/Video0. How would I go about making it load the bttv module during startup? {edit}

Add it to /etc/modprobe.preload

I have the same situation. bttv loads during boot, but unloads somewhere and needs to be loaded again. I'm working with kernel packagers to try and find out why, we just cannot identify where it unloads...