KDE Icon Zooming

hugerobot

I have customized the selection of icons on my taskbar panel to meet my needs, and I have enabled Icon Zooming...

All of the icons that I added from the menu (right click->Panel->Add->Button) zoom just fine, but I have also added an icon for Netbeans to the panel, which is a "Non-KDE application", and it does not zoom.

What are the image requirements to allow an icon on the taskbar panel to change size when hovering the mouse cursor over it?

Rob

The zoomable icons are basically icons of multiple sizes, they are usually only the kde icons that are themable, such as crystal, kde hicolor, aquafusion, etc. If you go to the directory such as /usr/share/icons/crystal or /usr/share/icons/hicolor you can see the directories where there are multiple sizes for each icons. When you enable zoomable icons, KDE basically loads the icons of bigger size when your cursor is above the icons. So just having an icon doesn't mean it is zoomable, especially if it is a non-KDE application whose icon is not located in one of the KDE icon themes.

As to fix it, I am not sure about this, but you may be able to create icons of multiple sizes and stick them into each size directory of the particular icon theme. Then change the icon of the application in the KDE desktop to point to the new icons. It is tedious and time and space consuming, but it could work.

Now you know one of the reason why KDE is such a resource hog :)