Trouble with kscd

lrsach01

This is a weird one. I went to play a cd. I ran kscd and it could not find the freedb data on the cd. I checked the web address. Fine. On a whim, I ran Grip which IMMEDIATELY downloaded the data. OK. I figure I missed something in the address for kscd. Nope. Identical addresses between kscd and Grip. So, why does Grip access the cd's data at freedb but kscd cannot? Any ideas?

It may have identical addresss, but not the right syntax. Remember that Grip puts the command into two box, the DB server and the CGI path, while KSCD puts the command into one box, the freedb server.

I have the same problem as you, I solved it by pressing the update button under the freedb server in KSCD. A bunch of new servers will come out and I choose the one that says

freedb.freedb.org http 80 /~cddb/cddb.cgi

Which is basically the topmost. After that, all my CDs are detected.

Hope it helps.

Thanks for the help, DM. But the problem was "I'm such an idiot." Another case of PEBCAK. I went back over the kscd address just to make sure I hadn't missed something. That's when I noticed the little button I needed to click in order to "enable remote freedb." Yup. One stupid mistake. I feel like a windows user. ;)