trouble with legends.

VeeDubb

I'm having a lot of mysterious problems getting legends to work.  Could someone with mandrake 9.2 tellme EXACTLY what the did to get it working?

Thanks

I untarred the file to /usr/local/games and then renamed the folder to "legends", ran the ./LinLegends file and it ran like a charm in 9.2. What errors are you gettting, your download may have been incomplete, it took me 2 weeks to get a complete download.

Figured it out, sort of. I downloaded it on a friends computer because I don't have broadband. I burned it on a CD and brought it home. I coppied the tar ball from the cd to desktop in kde and unzipped, and appearantly it wasn't all there. Whenever I tried to unzip is said there were only 14 files in the archive, but the game would launch, the servers just wouldn't launch.

What I finaly did was manualy open the tar ball while still on the CD using ark and unzip to my hard drive, then there were 30 files inthe archivr and it all works now. Yea!

Anyway, it's playing now, and surprizingly well for beta-wear.

This game REALY makes me happy. It is like tribes2 but it works the way it's supposed to, and is already less buggy than T2 was when released.

Everyone should try this game, it's realy great.

It's still missing some features that you would expect in a release, but they should be comming soon, and for now, it's a ball to play.

This game REALY makes me happy.  It is like tribes2 but it works the way it's supposed to, and is already less buggy than T2 was when released. 

Everyone should try this game, it's realy great.

It's still missing some features that you would expect in a release, but they should be comming soon, and for now, it's a ball to play.

Yeah ... I am pretty impressed with the game play too so far. They really need more download mirrors though for Linux, there only seems to be one, and it is slow and unreliable. It took me a while to get a complete download that worked.