Adding win2000 to Mandrake

Guest Anatoly

Guest Anatoly

Hi!

I have a pc with 2 hardrives. I have Mandrake on hda. Can I install Win2000 on hdb and then just reconfigure Lilo or Grub to be able to boot both OS?

I know that the most common is to install Windows first and then to install Linux. But maybe is't possible to solve my situation becouse I have a separate (hdb) disk for WIndows?

Best regards,

Anatoly

Edited by Anatoly

yes, you can. there are several ways to do this. the easiest one might be to plug off the hda with mandrake and install windows on hdb, set as master. then plug the hda back in and modify your bootloader.

take a look here, too. it is a similar topic. http://mandrakeusers.org/index.php?showtopic=24136&hl=

Guest Anatoly
yes, you can. there are several ways to do this. the easiest one might be to plug off the hda with mandrake and install windows on hdb, set as master. then plug the hda back in and modify your bootloader.

Ok, shall I plug in hda (with Mandrake) as master again after having installed Windows?

yes. after you have done that, modify your /etc/lilo.conf file (= your bootloader) as explained in the howto of the faq section.

and do not forget to set your windows hd to slave again (= not primary boot hdd)