Weird problems with configuring postfix

coverup

I have some weird problems with configuring postfix.

One strange thing is that there is no mailboxes in /var/spool/mail. I set up only one user account on the laptop (and root of course). The account was created during install. If I add another dummy user, userdrake creates the mailbox for that user. How come the very first user does not have a mailbox? Will it be Ok, if I simply create the maibox by

$ touch /var/spool/mail/user?

Now about the postfix... Since this is a laptop, I have two network profiles for home and work. For that reason, I have added this line to main.cf

myhostname=hostname.works.fully.qualified.domain

since at home domainname returns (none), I don't run a DNS server at home. After I've done that, I can send mail, but I can't receive any mail. When I start postfix I see these warnings

postfix/postfix-script: warning: /var/spool/postfix/etc/localtime and /etc/localtime differ
postfix/postfix-script: warning: /var/spool/postfix/etc/hosts and /etc/hosts differ
postfix/postfix-script: warning: /var/spool/postfix/etc/resolv.conf and /etc/resolv.conf differ
postfix/postfix-script: warning: /var/spool/postfix/etc/hosts.orig and /etc/hosts.orig differ
postfix/postfix-script: starting the Postfix mail system

It seems that the files in /var/spool/postfix/etc/ are those that were created during the first install. I edited the files in /etc since then. But /var/spool/postfix/etc/ was not updated. Should I update /var/spool/postfix/etc/ every time when I switch from one network profile to another (resolve.conf and hosts are different).

• 2 weeks later...