Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Clicks Obsoleting one

#1 User is offline   AussieJohn 

• MAGEIA votary
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:23 PM

Here is a trick I discovered for myself. I am Using Mageia-2 and KDE. It also worked with Mageia-1 and I am certain it will work with any OS that uses KDE.

When you right click in any open or part open window space you will get a pop-up menu that offers a choice <LEAVE>, clicking on <LEAVE> presents another pop-up menu offering
log-out, shutdown or reboot. Clicking reboot starts the process through to the boot menu where you choose what you want, click on it and the process then runs through to the Login Screen.

Here is the trick.......
When you get the <LEAVE> pop-up menu, don't just click on it, instead hold the mouse left click button down and in a moment or two the Boot menu will appear. While still holding the mouse left click button down, slide the mouse pointer over the choice you require on the boot menu and only then release the mouse button. The process starts immediately and proceeds non-stop through to the Login Screen.
While this only saves about 2 or so seconds by making one action unnecessary, what it also does is join two useless short intervals into one longer one that you can utilise for say grabbing a quick drink. So there are two benefits. Thank you KDE.

Cheers. John.
The Computer future is here TODAY ..... Mageia-4, KDE4, Dolphin, K3B, Grip, Audacious, Totem, Kaffeine, SVLC, Kmail, Libre-Office, Scribus, XSane, Gimp, OpenShot, FireFox, FlightGear, Filelight, Gwenview, Geeqie, GoogleEarth, Skype, Pysol-FC.

Corsair Obsidian 750D Full Tower Case (with full Window), AMD Athlon-FX8120 8-Core 3.1Ghz Processor, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 USB3 rev.4 MainBoard, Gigabyte Nvidia-GeForce-9600-GT VideoCard, 16Gb Corsair "Vengeance" DDR3 Memory, 1 x Corsair 240Gb SSD Neutron Hard Drive, WD SATA-II 500GB 16mb HDD, 2 x LG Sata DVD-R/RW Burners, LG 27" LED LCD HDMI Monitor, Hewlitt-Packard PhotoSmart 6510 Printer, APC BackUPS-CS-650 UPS, Corsair HX650W Power Supply, Vantec Dual HDD Docking Station SATA-USB3.

ADSL-2+ Internet Connection_50Gb (Bigpond)

JOHN. (79+++yrs, Young) Registered LINUX user #318452

#2 User is offline   {BBI}Nexus{BBI} 

• MUB Addict
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:17 PM

While this only saves about 2 or so seconds by making one action unnecessary, what it also does is join two useless short intervals into one longer one that you can utilise for say grabbing a quick drink.
Now to find me a 2 second drink :thumbs:/>
Need help setting up your Mandriva sources?

go here: easyURPMI
or here: smartURPMI

Commandline admin too cumbersome? Try Webmin:

Know what VMware is? Virtualbox: Open Source equivalent.

GNU/Linux Powered <-> Firefox Driven <-> Thunderbird Enhanced

The less we know, The more we fear..... <> MY F@vor|t3 0p3r@TYNg sYZ7Em 15 LY|\|Ux458052

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users