texstar's gnome 2.4

beesea

i just installed texstar's gnome 2.4 rpms and everything works fine except that nautilus crashes every time i start gnome. if i try to start nautilus from the menu, however, it works just fine. this is the error that i get in .xsession-errors:

libgnomevfs-ERROR **: file gnome-vfs-async-job-map.c: line 53 (_gnome_vfs_async_job_map_get_job): assertion failed: (async_job_map != NULL)

aborting...

normally i don't have nautilus draw the desktop, so i'm not sure why nautilus starts when gnome starts. but if i open the gconf editor and have nautilus draw the desktop, nautilus doesn't crash when gnome starts and i don't see that error in my .xsession-errors file.

i've also reinstalled all nautilus and gnome vfs rpms, but to no success

anyone know what's wrong?

Guest zenhues

I have the ibiblio mirror for texstar as a urmpi source. i have run urpmi.update -a a few times and the gnome packages do not show up. what stupid thing am i doing wrong? i was running 9.2rc* and liked gnome 2.4. mandrake should be paying texstar, he is what makes it my favorite distribution.

thanks,

Rich

Here, here !

I second that...

Even when 9.2 is out, I don't think I can make do without Tex's RPMs.

I have 9.1 with his GNOME 2.4 and KDE 3.1.4 and did not have any problems with running things.

The only thing is it seems that GNOME and KDE are actually sharing the same desktop directories, and it makes things reaaallly confusing.

This might be because I had some config stuff in my /home dir from a previous install that i forgot to erase. I will confirm this after I try a "cleaner" install.

texstar just put up an new package called gnome-2.4.0-1tex that installs all the gnome dependencies.  ...

I installed today texstar's Gnome 2.4 using 'gnome-2.4.0-1tex - (MCC, software installation). All needed packages got installed. The only missing thing was the clock-applet in the panel. I manually had to install the libpanel-applet rpm (texstar), rearrange the desktop icons and the panel, save the settings when logging out.

Everything is fine and fast incl. my own compiled GIMP 1.3.20.