USB keyboard with RedHat 9

null

I wanted to put this under the Hardware section, but I figured that was supposed to be mandrake only.

Anyway, I was thinking of picking up one of those little Mini Virtually Indestructible Keyboards and using it on my linux box. The small table I have my linux box on, with my monitor & full size keyboard is getting crowded. Plus with the VIK I can spill my drinks on it, and drop my ashes on it... :lol:

So I was wondering if a usb keyboard would give redhat 9 any problems. I did search this board for "usb keyboard" and I saw quite a few threads regarding various problems.

My linux box does not currently have any usb devices. The mobo has two usb 1 ports on the back.

thanks for any comments

RedHat is pretty good about picking up new hardware with kudzu running, more than likely you can shutdown plug it in and when you reboot, it will tell you that there is a new device to configure. If your lucky, it will do it for you.

Update: I bought the Mini Virtually Indestructible Keyboard (USB) and RedHat recognized it great while rebooting. It works perfectly.

Even if I had problems, I could have gotten one of those usb to ps2 adapters and worked around it, but not necessary... :)

Linux is amazing me more & more every day :lol: