DVD software?

Setlec

I cannot follow this thread at all.

As far as I know K3B has NOTHING to do with a DVD drive when playing a DVD movie via Mplayer, Totem or whatever.

Or are you using K3B to play DVDs. If you are, it is a bit weird because it was not what it was intended of it originally. Yes I know K3B does seem to offer playback. But I would be extremely surprised if many other people did so.

K3B only gets involved with the drive when K3b is activated. It is horses for courses, use a video/movie player or an audio application to playback and use K3B for burning. I wouldn't blame the maintainers from basically ignoring this problem if it really is a problem with K3B. I am sure they have much more important things to spend their time on, like fixing bugs in the all important burning process.

Of course if you cannot burn Discs properly then that is an issue for K3B. If it is then have you tried uninstalling it and reinstalling the version off the DVD/CDROMS or even tried installing the latest updated version ???.

Just my 10cents (US or Aust.) worth.

Cheers. John.

John this thread has two problem but in only one thread... first problem is about dvd softwares, the second problem is about this input/output error that i got while using k3b or mplayer or totem ot whatever...

I can't make it clearer than that

Cheers

the second problem is about this input/output error

This is just a thought: Check your BIOS, and see if you have a setting to change your DMA mode for your DVDRW to a different setting. If you do, try a different setting.