Starting IRCD ON BOOT as a NORMAL USER !!!!!

tvlad

I just installed Ircd-hybrid 7 on my lan server.Since it won't start as root, i have to start it with a normal account.

If i put the path to ircd in /etc/rc.d/rc.local, how can i make it start with a normal user account, since it won't start as a root, because i did a man ircd, but i didn't see any useful option.....

Ircd-Hybrid is the irc server used by Efnet.

Ircd won't start as root, so if i simpy put the path to the executable in rc.local it won't start because it refuses to start as root.I want to make it start ON BOOT, but with a normal user.THE PROBLEM is that it doesn't have any options were u can tell it what user should run under, NO, it runs as the user u ARE CURENTLY logged on.

So how can i make it start up on boot?

As I ALREADY said above, try to run it with "su" or "sudo"; for example, at your rc.local

su -u USERNAME /path/to/ircd &

As far as rc.local is launched by root, su won't ask for the user's password to run ircd

NOTE: I don't know a word about ircd, so if I'm answering wrongly to your cuestion, you can either wait for some else's imput, or ask directly the ircd developers. ;)