Where to download newest distros? [solved]

Guest carl

Is there anywhere to download newer versions of Mandriva without having to download a huge iso image? When I downloaded 10.7 official, there were 3 files which I burned to 3 seperate discs and installed with no problem. Now it seems everything comes as an iso image, about 4.3 gig, and I have to use someone else's pc to download that because I'm still stuck with dial up, and I may not have access to a dvd burner or software to break an iso image down into seperate files. Also, is there some trick to installing Mandriva to a laptop? I got a Dell Inspiron laptop for Christmas, came loaded with winxp which I promptly tried to get rid of, it would start to load the first cd and then nothing. It doesn't have a floppy drive, which is how I had to start the install on my desktop, so I'm kinda stuck. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

You can download the Mandriva 2008 Free 3 CD set here: /official/iso/2008.0/

You shouldn't have any problems installing Mandriva 2008 on your laptop.

thanks very much, wasn't aware of that site, i've bookmarked it for future reference, hopefully won't have any problems installing on the laptop but if i do, i know where to go for help!