Fetchmail / SSH Problem :-(

Guest SuGa

Hi there :-)

Since yesterday I have a big problem with fetchmail/ssh :-(

This is in my ~/.fetchmailrc (hosts, username and password are removed ;-) )

poll mailbox.irgendwo via localhost port 11110 protocol pop3 user <username> pass <passwort>

preconnect "ssh -f -n -L 11110:mailbox.irgendwo:110 mailbox.irgendwo 'touch pop.lock; while[-f pop.lock ] ; do sleep 5 ; done'"

postconnect "ssh mailbox.irgendwo'/bin/rm pop.lock'"

set daemon 300

set syslog

Since yesterday I have the problem, that when I try to bind a local port for fetchmail I can't fetch any mails anymore from the mailserver.

I get following error message in the /var/log/mail/errors

Mar 30 00:42:13 <mein_hostname> fetchmail[23473]: socket error while fetching from mailbox.irgendwo

I have absolutely no idea anymore what could cause this problem as I can connect to the mailserver via ssh with an rsa key without any problem :-( There I can also view the mails with pine.

fetchmail-6.2.1-3mdk

I'm not sure that I uinderstand what you mean :-) My internet connection works without any problem. The only thing that doesn't work is this. And I haven't changed anything in the mcc in the last months :-)

Just last week I stopped being able to send or receive email. Internet connection worked fine though. I assumed that if I could connect to internet, all my settings must be right

Eventually I found that my host name in MCC had been changed to something else. I don't remember doing anything to change it, but there you are.

Changed it back and got my email back