Beryl 0.1.4, mandriva 2007.0 one, stopped working

holr

Hello!

I have been using beryl 0.1.4 in the backports repository of mandriva 2007 one official for ages now. I had to do some java programming, and had issues with the java windows (everything was grey). This is a known problem (http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6509038) . So I disabled beryl and xgl and had the regular kde windowmanager.

However, on trying to renable it, the system hangs on trying to initialise kde, I get a blue window with the mouse cursor in a "busy" state, and thats it. After looking at /var/log/Xorg.0.log, the only related errors i can see towards the bottom end are the following:

(EE) AIGLX error: dlsym for __driCreateNewScreen_20050727 failed (/usr/lib/dri/fglrx_dri.so: undefined symbol: __driCreateNewScreen_20050727)

(EE)AIGLX: reverting to software rendering

However, I do not want to use aiglx, (i am using the ati fglrx binary driver) and I believe i have manually enabled xgl correctly (in /etc/sysconfig/xgl - it now reads xgl=yes). Any ideas? it must be something simple, I just switched it off for a moment, now can't get it back on!!