running scripts as users

I know this is bad security practice, but is there any way to create a script or program that will store and automatically enter a password? I'm trying to make a PHP script that will run commands locally, but it needs to do it as a different user than 'apache', and obviously there isn't really a way to enter in the password through PHP when the script runs. Basically what I want is some way you can enter the password in a form which will then take it and put it into a shell script or something that will then log in as that user and run. Can that be done?

[moved from Software by spinynorman]

I am fully aware that it shouldn't be done. But it's a semi-temporary user created specifically for apache, and I'm not too worried about security, 'cause no hacker can do anything worse to my box than what I do to it myself...lol....

I might be able to find a way around it though. I dunno yet. Is it really THAT difficult though?

edit:

Actually, now that I think about it, I might be able to just have it dump the data to a text file and schedule a separate program as root to read and interperet that occasionally. Instant results would be nice, but I suppose they aren't necessary.

Edited by Urza9814