rpmdrake seems broken .

neighborlee

trying to remove dkms-nvidia..I went into 'remove' se ction of rpmdrake ..and removed orange checkbox< and let it do its thing..thing I quit and went back into 'remove' section and dkms-nvidia was 'still there'..does this mean rpmdrake is a bit borked , or that I need to fix the DB that runs it ??

thx

neighborlee

trying to remove dkms-nvidia..I went into 'remove' se ction of rpmdrake ..and removed orange checkbox< and let it do its thing..thing I quit and went back into 'remove' section and dkms-nvidia was 'still there'..does this mean rpmdrake is a bit borked , or that I need to fix the DB that runs it ??

thx

neighborlee

Did you reboot or at least restart X? I think some packages (like dkms-nvidia) that the kernel or X depends on need a restart to be completly removed. Are you trying to upgrade your dkms-nvidia drivers or upgrading your kernel?

I have found in the past that rpmdrake occasionally is a bit "borked" and sometimes it just doesn't update the package lists until you exit and re-launch it. I prefer using kpackage to uninstall packages and search for installed packages mostly because of the better output from it (and it has a "reload" button). Using rpm from the command line is also not difficult and is more responsive.