Konqueror: 'Detailed List View' as default...?

acegap

Ahh.. however.. "Detailed List View" is not remaining persistent after saving the "File Management" profile.

Nothing persistant about it. Sometimes it remains for a very short while but mostly just reverts back to large icons. I think there is a 'Load Profile' choice or, something like that, not that I want to load a profile at every boot, but even that is not persistant.

Maybe this install is inferior:

1) I try to delete folders I have created in Konqueror (move to Wastebin) and just get the message "Creating Folders is not supported with protocol hash".

2) More than a few crashes. Always seems to be something 'not working' or 'nothing happens when you click it' or something or other. It just seems to be a very 'buggy' kind of thing to have sitting in front of me.

3) No mention of a Firewall installed anywhere in any menus, etc.

4) Don't see any way to change Desktop 'double-click to open' to 'single-click to open'

Anyway, the original problem is definitely not solved yet...

Thanks in advance

Edited by acegap

thnx pmpatrick but nope.. I'm using Mandriva 2006 and FDE 3.4 with the default 3 CD installation with no packages removed. All 3 downloads had the exact MD5's and all 3 CD burns were verified OK. Install went easy as well...

I had a few problematic installs to begin with so I was very careful to make sure I did everything in a straightforward kind of way (i hope - just reformatted the partitions every time)

Edited by acegap

A couple of things for mdv 2006:

1. Do all the updates as there were a lot of bug fixes early on with this release;

2. Uninstall the application known as "kat". It is installed and turned on by default in mdv2006 and known to be very bugy. To do that the most direct way, open a konsole and run:

$ su

<enter root password>

# urpme kat

yep. Many thanks pmpatrick...

1. no updates yet as I am trying to set up my modem in another thread lol - i am on a different computer here running Windows.

2. I read about the "kat" thing somewhere else and did nothing about it - a good idea would be to do what you have mentioned immediately. thnx again