Using GTK Guitar Effects Processor

LinLin

Hi !!!

I wanted to try out my elec guitar on this software which i installed thru urpmi...

The configuration is like this (in options menu) :

input/output device- /dev/dsp

sampling freq=44 khz

buffer size = 2048 bytes

Stereo

I turned on the line-in in kmix ( also used aumix for the same)

Loaded or 'inserted' the distortion.so plugins and then 'appended' noise gate and other filters and on pressing start i get this awful jarring noise....no effect of plucking the guitar strings.

Basically i dunno how to use this software....So plz help me in my musical endeavours :P

Thanxx :)

LinLin

This soft workin without jack? Probe install ecamegapedal. Working with jack and without jack. Maybe install qjackctl and run. Install fluidsynth, qsynth, and download fantastic sample.sf2 for accustic and electric guitar.....Lex

Err....Ummm...i installed qjackctl and ecamegapedal but have no idea how to use them :blush: .

The last time i used a soft processor was in windows with guitar fx-box which was pretty easy to configure and use. I would plug the jack in the line-in port of my computer cabinet, start the fxbox and then play hte guitar. Plz tell me, in simple language :P , how to use them.?? I installed qsynth and fluidsynth also and :blush:..nope no idea!!!!

Thanx Lex btw

Ok, I downoload Gnuitar an all right, I better play than "Deep Purple". ....Lex

I connected to AUX, not see for this ...Lex

post-15173-1156323191_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lexicon

Yipeeeee!!!!! its workin now!!!!! :thumbs:

installed gnuitar and followed the image Lex attached. I still use line-in and i had not unchecked the green button in AUX :cheesy:

Anyway gnuitar gave a lot of noise..was able to hear a very faint sound of the plucked strings but with delay or lag. Now i tried ecamegapedal and its pretty clean..no bkgrnd noise...and the output is good but the controls are a little tough to comprehend..i mean..where's the distortion preset?? Gnuitar has all the things i need but how to get rid of the noise and the delay in output???

Anyways, thanx a ton Lex. :thanks:

Now back to the Led Zep solo.........

Fine, good. Distortion must add and preset automatickly unhide. I have two dist effect. You can download and create custom effects. Look more

Creox- The Realtime Sound Effector

ExEf - Extreme Effect is a real-time audio effects processor

gtkguitune - Guitune is a linux program for tuning guitars

Stompboxes2 - This is Stompboxes2, a real-time audio effects processor.

Better effect and bigger possibility has Jack, but you must install new kernel with lowlatency patch

.....Lex