Konqueror won't display webpages

diehl

I have a strange problem on konqueror - instead of rendering webpages it instead offers a dialog box asking whether to download the html file or to open it with nvu. Huh? How do I tell konqueror to render webpages? Actually it will load some webpages seemingly if you do not mention the name of a specific html file. For example the URL https://mandrivausers.org does load.

I have Mandriva2006 installed on 3 machines. Only one has this problem. I can only guess that there some peculiar setting on this one machine which is screwing up konqueror.

I'm sure someone will quickly tell me to just use Firefox. Well, I do mostly, but konqueror does have some nice features like the ability to display man pages (except in my case, where it want to download the html file).

sounds like a file association problem. i'm not familiar with konqueror, but i imagine somwhere in the KDE Kontrol Center there is a section on "mime-types" or "file associations", you should check the HTML file association - it's probably being associated with nvu, which is why konqueror asks.