Mandriva 2006 and ndiswrapper

Guest jesusrp

Guest jesusrp

Hello,

my ndiswrapper configuration worked properly with my Mandrake 10.1 and 10.2, at the begining didn't worked but i unistall the rpm package and installed it from the source code from sourceforge.

I've tried to compile ndiswrapper source and install it as i've done with 10.1, but i get an error when doing

'modprobe ndiswrapper'

FATAL: Error inserting ndiswrapper (/lib/modules/2.6.12-12mdk/misc/ndiswrapper.ko): Invalid format

probably because the default mandriva's kernel was compiled with gcc 3.X and what the distribution have is gcc 4, i've installed gcc 3.4 but couldn't fix this error

If i use ndiswrapper from rpm package provided in the DVD, i tried to execute Control center to configure the wireless network, i selected 'Use windows driver with ndiswrapper' but it prompts the error 'ndiswrapper interface not found'

My wireless card have the chipset rtl8180L, and i tried as well using r8180, but it says device not found. The card works fine in windows, and worked perfectly in MDK.

CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by jesusrp

md2006 using madwifi package

i skipped ndiswrapper like i used to use in 10.x

update urpmi if you don't see madwifi

Edited by ddmcse

Guest jesusrp

I had the same error inserting the module, when installing NVIDIA driver, it was complaining about having a kernel compiled with one version of gcc and the module copiled with gcc version 4

Edited by jesusrp