firefox 1.0.7 install [solved]

Guest heyho

Tryin to upgrade firefox 1.0.7 from 1.0.4

Got symlinked libstdc++.so.5 to /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 :)

// ln -s /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5 //

After I run

# ./firefox-installer

./firefox-installer-bin: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5: version `GLIBCPP_3.2' not found (required by ./firefox-installer-bin)

./firefox-installer-bin: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5: version `CXXABI_1.2' not found (required by ./firefox-installer-bin)

Damn! Error..

What can I do to fix this? I want to install some extensions, and Mozila states I should upgrade to 1.0.7 to allow me install of the extensions.

Hjelp!!

Where.. do you think I´ve installed 1.0.2 from? Guess.. MCC!!

I´ve upgraded 1.0.2 to 1.0.4 absolutely flawlessly.

My problem is in those errors stated up ^-^.

Why firefox installer complains about something-something in libstdc++?

There have been many posts about people wanting to upgrade Firefox from the Mandriva 1.0.2 version because they think that Firefox needs to be 1.0.6, now 1.0.7 . The Mandriva updates that are available from the mirrors, even though it says 1.0.2, conatin all the Firefox patches. The versions up to 1.0.7 are only security patches. All you need is your Manriva version of Firefox and Mandriva system updates.

Where.. do you think I´ve installed 1.0.2 from? Guess.. MCC!!

Sorry, I assumed that you were installing outside of MCC. And you are updating from within MCC as well?

I agree with polemicz, MCC may have already given you the latest and greatest.

Firefox 1.5 is just around the corner :banana:

Go back to MCC again and look for libstdc++5*** in install new software and install it. That should clear your error. Keep in mind that the above is a package, and in its folder are a number of files. libstdc++so.5 is one of them. It cannot be installed on its own. It will be on your install discs or you can download it via urpmi.

To see which Firefox version number you have currently, click on Help at the top of Firefox and click on About Firefox. The rpm version number of Firefox is one that Mandriva gives it. The actual Firefox version number is the one that counts since it shows where you are at update wise.

Cheers John

Edited by AussieJohn

Dude, I had the same problem. Exactly the same.

https://mandrivausers.org/index.php?showtopic=28405&st=15

Simple. :) (I overcomplicated it.)

AussieJohn - You was right, man! Thank you!

I´ve tried to run 1.5 beta, and firefox been complaining the same issues. I´ve removed the symlink and installed libcstdc++.5... No problem after:)

Now I ^can^ install extensions. Even firefox 1.5beta works fine.

off-topic - get this plugin for online media - http://mplayerplug-in.sourceforge.net/

plays like magic