K3B Config

hans796

Hi mates..

If I want to burn CD's witk K3B so that Windows XP reads them correctly, and by that I mean, the filenames is shown right. I noticed when I start the burn process I get some options to choose but haven't figured it out..

Any clues?

And while I'm at it..

I have two machines. My 1st choice is running Linux (mandriva 2005 Le). It runs smooth and fine.

On the other one I have Windows XP. The reason for that is that I use it as a jukebox, it's connected to my stereo, and with my soundblaster audigy it sure sounds good. I have lots of mp3's and haven't found a player app in Linux (yet?!) that match upp to Windows mediaplayer 10. What I found lacking in the apps i tried on the linux plattform seam to be volume leveling and database to index up all files. Maybe someone knows better than me and I really would like to migrate to 100%.

A while a go I found an app (I've lost the bookmark) called "Jukebox" that sounded Ok but I never got it to work properly.

Suggestions and comments are highly welcome..

With greetz from rainy but yet warmy sweden..

You probably don't have to do anything but if you want to be extra careful about winxp compatability and preserving filenames across platforms, when you get the window when you hit the burn button in k3b go to the "Filesystem" tab and tick the "Generate Joliet extensions" box.

Re a good jukebox for linux - have you looked at amarok?