mouse wheel now causes "back" behavior in firefox

papaschtroumpf

This started happening a few days ago I think:

when I'm in Firefox, I can scroll the page up and down using the scroll wheel, but some (all?) of the time, when I scroll up, I end up on the previous page, as if I had hit the backspace.

This is really annoying and makes the scroll wheel almost unuseable in firefox.

Any idea what's causing this?

EDIT: If I go in the Mandrake Center and use the mouse applet, the visual feedback applet ("test your mouse") shows every button properly except that some of the time it shows both an up and down arrow when I scroll the mouse up.

Edited by papaschtroumpf

Funny thing is that I experienced a similar thing last night when I had two of firefox active at the same time (I was comparing some info from two sites at the same time). It only happened on the one I opened up last and did not occur originally on opening. My simple solution was to close that one and have never had trouble on the first one opened. I think it may be a bug so I don't think changing settings is going to achieve anything worthwhile. If you haven't done so then I suggest updating Firefox.

Cheers. John.

Thanks John.

It turns out between the time I had the problem and the time I saw your post, I rebooted the machine (upgraded the hardrive) and the mouse works right again.

The machine had been up for quite a while, and the firefox window itself had to have been up for weeks (I use it so otfen it's always on one of my virtual desktop)