Trouble with the useragent in Firefox Mandriva

Bossieman

Hmm, it is a strange one, when I write about: in my FF browser I get the following user agent string:

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; sv-SE; rv:1.7.8) Gecko/00000000 Firefox/1.0.4

Notice all the zeros after Gecko/ I think there is supposed to be a date there? Why is the date missing? I think this is the reason I cant use my internet bank that is supposed to work with FF.

Why don´t you try uninstalling and then reinstalling Firefox. That way you can also update FireFox as well. Do it via MCC ........ Software management rather than downloading Firefox from its site. Your settings will be maintained via the hidden file in your home account. After all Firefox1.0.6 is out now. I completed some internet banking transactions OK in Firefox just yesterday. But then my ISP is Bigpond (Australia) and maybe are more Firefox and Linux accepting.

Cheers. John.

• 3 months later...
Why don´t you try uninstalling and then reinstalling Firefox.  That way you can also update FireFox as well. Do it via MCC ........ Software management rather than downloading Firefox from its site. Your settings will be maintained via the hidden file in your home account.

How is the firefox update accomplished?

I have Mandriva 2005LE, Firefox 1.02

I called up MCC, scanned for any updates, but no FF 1.06 or any others were detected, including scanning a pair.com mirror

I'd love to get my FF up to date even to FF 1.07

How do I pull in the updated FF?

Many thanks :)

As I noted in another post Firefox 1.0.7 is one of a series of security updates to 1.0.2 If you keep your Firefox updated via MCC or urpmi you will have the most recent. The Mandriva package for 2005 is called 1.0.2, but when fully updated has all the Firefox patches. For 2006 the Mandriva version is 1.0.6, but updated is the same as 1.0.7. When I check my version (Help->About Mozilla Firefox it shows version 1.0.6, but at the bottom states that it is 1.0.7. No need to install from Mozilla.