10.1 problems with DCOPReply suddenly

flarefox

I have been using mandrake for a while, but I reinstalled recently and now every single time I install, konqueror won't run....every time I try to run it in a shell, I get this error:

DCOPReply<>: cast to 'QCString' error

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I can't stand being stuck in windows, but if I don't want to have to use a console to do EVERYTHING...

I'm not sure that your having the same problem I had, but see this thread:

https://mandrivausers.org/index.php?showtop...22&hl=konqueror

You can try some of the workarounds posted there and see if they work, but the updates should have fixed the problem. The DCOP error message is something I usually associate with a permissions problem. Also try going into the kde control center>Components>Session Manager and in the "On Login" section tick "Start with an empty session".

Thanks! That worked well, but now every time I start amaroK I get this:

bash-2.05b$ amarok

amaroK: [Loader] Starting amarokapp..

amaroK: [Loader] Don't run gdb, valgrind, etc. against this binary! Use amarokapp.

QLayout: Adding KToolBar/playlist_toolbar (child of QVBox/unnamed) to layout for PlaylistWindow/PlaylistWindow

QMetaObject::findSignal:CollectionView: Conflict with QListView::doubleClicked(QListViewItem*,const QPoint&,int)

amarokapp: symbol lookup error: amarokapp: undefined symbol: _ZN13KListViewItem10insertItemEP13QListViewItem

Just when I fix one thing another pops up! It's so strange! The rest of the OS (especially Kaffeine) runs incredibly well this time around, though. Much nicer than before!