Kmail and Mozilla [solved]

javaguy

That is an excellent question I wouldn't mind an answer to either. Maybe open in Galeon or Firefox depending on ones preference.

Hows about it . Does anyone know.

Cheers. John.

Got it!

On your GUI menu go to System->Configuration->KDE->Components->File Associations.

In the left pane of the dialog that will open is a tree view of "Known Types." Open the one called "text" and click on the item called "html." It shows the "Application Preference Order," and in mine Konqueror was at the top, and Mozilla was at the bottom. I just clicked on Mozilla and clicked the "Move Up" button until it was at the top. Now when I click a link from KMail I get Mozilla.

Thank you very kind Sir. I had actually looked at that a few times in the past but did not know how to actually do it . I do so now thanks to you. The only difference is that my choice is Galeon (I have got Firefox as well........He he he )

As is so often the case here at MUB, the one who posed the Question is the one who solves it ...........for everyones benefit.

Good work, thanks and cheers. John.