No modules loaded! [solved]

mikeoneil

Help! I have installed 2005LE and everything was running perfectly for a few days. Now after attempting to get a tv card working I have somehow managed to make it so no modules at all are loaded during boot. lsmod shows nothing! I can't get anything to work, drakconf can't help, all I can do is login.

Just before I messed things up I was trying to get the ivtv driver working using modprobe, insmod etc and also installed from contrib some things to do with ivtv. Then I rebooted and these problems appeared.

Is there some simple thing that can edit to restore the module loading capability or do I have to re-install?

Did you somehow remove or rename /etc/modprobe.conf ?

/etc/modprobe.conf is still there as is /etc/modprobe.devfs modprobe.preload modules modules.conf & modules.conf.mdkgiorig

Looking in the syslog file, the first sign of any problem is when modprobe is used to try and load the module snd-intel8x0 the error is "not found"

then there are more errors for the network, shorewall and so on, mostly module not found errors.

The /lib/modules/2.6.11-6mdk/kernel .... directories seem fully populated with .ko.gz files and the file snd-intel8x0.ko.gz does exist. Is there some sort of path variable or reference to these modules I should check? Or, any more ideas to try?

Thanks.