Question on Adding Software Sources

eroica

hello,

i have mdk 9.1 powerpack and was wondering what is the proper way to add the cd contents to the Software Sources Manager under MCC. For instance on several of the disc's there are several directories on the CD. Do u need to make an entry for each directory on the CD? Or does making one entry for each of the 7 cd's do. Also how does easy urpmi tie into this. If i just put the web sites for the sources,updates etc give me access to all the apps that are on the cd's. and if so why i do need the cd's?

thanx

alan

i just never got a good grip on what packages where on the cd's so i made an entry for each cd. but then i was wondering if i was getting a complete listing of packages available cause when i looked on the cd's i see different directories like say on one of the disc's there is a /rpm7 & an /rpm8 directory. do i need to add entries for both directories to get a listing of all the packages when i do a query? To be quite honest i dont remember if i got a listing of packages on my original install. So if i understand u the contents of the 1st three cd's are automatically setup and i have to add entries for cd's 4-7?

alan