Not sure if this is paranoia, or an actual problem

New2MDK

I was kicking much butt while playing LBreakout2, all of a sudden the game window disappeared and I was looking at my desktop. Everything including the mouse was froze. So I went to reboot and instinctivly I hit CTRL+ALT+DEL, thinking I was in Windows (force of habit). Then my mouse pointer turned into a skull and bones. Either I have a version of Mandrake 10.1 that accepts virus' or I'm seeing things. Does anyone know which it is? And if so is there anything further, in the way of security, I should be doing?

Thank you

New2MDK

Guest LearningLinux

The skull & crossbones cursor signifies a Kill, so you can kill a running program's window you click on with it. This is usually brought up by doing a Ctrl-Alt-Esc. Never seen it come up with a Ctl-Alt-Del. You sure you didn't enter the former? :-)

Cheers

Guest LearningLinux

I have no idea what could have prompted that to happen. Possibly something you did in the game? I'm not familiar with the game you were playing.

Just wanted to let you know that that particular mouse pointer is common to see when you are intentionally trying to kill an app by using Ctrl-Alt-Esc.

Cheers

I have no idea what could have prompted that to happen. Possibly something you did in the game? I'm not familiar with the game you were playing.

Just wanted to let you know that that particular mouse pointer is common to see when you are intentionally trying to kill an app by using Ctrl-Alt-Esc.

Cheers

Thank you anyways :headbang::headbang:

Marked the tread Solved - Artificial Intelligence

hmmm...I never had that happen with LBreakout...but then again im on mandrake 9.2...

Oh, and be careful with that kill button...as I accidentally discovered once, it is possible to kill the taskbar...and then you're pretty screwed, unless you already have a CLI window open somewhere...otherwise you'll have to use hte power button...and that's always a pain.