system hangs at start up for 5 min

erebus

Hi guys, THis is my first post around. I have upgraded my mandrake 10.0 to mandrake 10.1 and since then after the computerr boots, hangs for 5 minutes before promting to log in. There is no HDD or CPU usage during that time. I checked with the system services at start-up and they are OK. It just hangs.

My system: laptop using KDe3.2 Pentium M 1,4ghz, 512 ram, hdd 40GB, 4200RPM

:angry: with ATI m10, with 64.

BTW, i don't have any drivers installed for the video card, i tried with both for Xfree.43 and for XoRG6.8 and they didn't install, but i don't think this is the cause of the hang.

Thanks,

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks Erebus :thanks:

Yes, but how do i run bootchart? SRY, i'm a n00b in linux, using it for one week :D

Please help me.

Thanks

This is wierd in the syslog:

Feb 22 07:54:30 astral perl: drakupdate_fstab called with --auto --add /dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part6

Feb 22 07:54:30 astral perl: drakupdate_fstab called with --auto --add /dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part7

Feb 22 07:54:33 astral kernel: eth0: no IPv6 routers present

Feb 22 08:01:00 astral CROND[3474]: (root) CMD (nice -n 19 run-parts /etc/cron.hourly)

Feb 22 08:06:03 astral kernel: SCSI subsystem initialized

Feb 22 08:06:03 astral kernel: st: Version 20040122, fixed bufsize 32768, s/g segs 256

Feb

Edited by erebus