What MP3 Player do you use? [solved]

Phantasma

Currently I am using amaroK ver 1.1 .

I truely hate this thing, the layout is poor , it's lacking many features, for some reaoson it just loves to crash on my machine. Sometimes when I double click a file to open it , it opens but won't play no matter what I do.

I am lookin for a client that is similar to winamp that has a similar look and feel to it. Also a button that says open would be great I hate going t hrough the playlist editor and what not.

What do you guys use?

PS: Running Manderake 10.1 Offical Download

I use juK, but if you want a Winamp type of GUI, XMMS is your best bet.  Although, I'm curious to know what features you found lacking in Amarok.

The Visualization options are weak, lack of skin support, lack of resizeing the player window so it can be turned into a thin bar and placed at the bottom or top of the screen, ability to scale the window so it's larger.

Plus it like to not play more then like 5 diffrent mp3s then I have to restart it to play again. Everytime I close the program it crashes as well.

• 3 weeks later...
Yup, XMMS rocks. If there was an iTunes for Linux I'd use that, but XMMS is the best out there IMO.

I just tried it. That is so cool!

If there are applications that are bundled with Mandrake that are not very good, why are they still bundled with Mandrake? Shouldn't someone be assuring that only the BEST applications are bundled with the OS? If a person's first impression of Mandrake is a bunch of applications that don't work well that's pretty sad. :angry:

Who had the bright idea of giving the best application a name like XMMS so it's the last application alphabetically that anyone would try? If I try two applications on the list and they don't play my treasured MP3 files worth a darn I would just go back to Windows. :unsure:

Phil

Wrong wrong wrong!

Best program ever,

mpd + gmpc frontend.

Why is it better?

Firstly, it does the best job maintaining a large collection of music than anything else. And unlike players like Rhythmbox or amarok, you press a button, it updates the database, checking for new, removed and modified files.

Secondly, its independent of X, the player bit, mpd keeps running, even if you kill X or whatever. The other benefit of the player's seperation from the front, is i can line up some music and then close the frontend and the player keeps goin.

Thirdly, not only does it do an awesome job to maintain the database of music, i can find any song really really quickly, it has playlist support, can connect to shoutcast/icecast streams, and just is awesome at dealing with your music.

Give it a try, you will NOT regret it!

www.musicpd.org

pbperrson: XMMS is short for X multimedia system. XMMS imho is dated, it still uses the ancient version 1 of gtk, i reccoment those who must use XMMS instead of MPD, to use beep media player which is a redesigned GTK2 XMMS alike. www.beepmp.sf.net

iphitus