Firefox Users - try this

neilinoz

I recently (ie today) discovered that rather than right-clicking on a link and then telling it to open a new tab, that I can click my mouse scroll button on the link and it automatically opens a new tab. It's quite neat.

The problem is that I accidentally "mouse scroll clicked" on an image file (jpg) which was not a link. However, the Browser then redirected itself to a particular corporate website.

The problem seems similar to that described in a Fedora Forum

Please try to reproduce this.

Hover the arrow over an image in Firefox.

Scroll-click on the image.

Firefox should then redirect you to a particular corporate website.

(note of explanation for those confused. I have a mouse that has a scrolling wheel in between the right and left click buttons. Mine can click down as well.)

MORE ISSUES.

I tried it again, but it the browser went to the Fedora forum above rather than the Corporate Website.

I will restart my system and attempt to reproduce the problem again.

... And it didn't work this time. I feel a bit confused, but obviously there needs to be a number of pre-existing things to have occurred first before it works. If people can please mention below if it works. Try it just after you've started your PC, and then try it after you've been browsing for an hour or so.

Edited by neilinoz