Programs in KDE have disappeared

neilinoz

Something really strange has just happened.

I run KDE 3.2 as my default. However, I do enjoy Evolution, which is a Gnome program.

So I run a mandrake update. Having just connected to ADSL I can now download large updates relatively quickly. In the Mandrake Update I found an update for Evolution, to upgrade it to 2.0.3 (bugfixes). So I download it. It downloads quickly, installation was fine etc.

Then I hit my Start button (or whatever it is called - KDE button), and suddenly all the programs available have been stripped by about 80%. I can't even open the Konqueror browser for file maintenance.

So I log out and log back in again in Gnome. All the programs are still there. I go back to KDE - they're still gone.

On my desktop I have icons to open the Gnome system monitor and the desktop calculator. In both Gnome and KDE these icons have now changed to generic icons, and when I click on them it tells me that I can't access them.

While downloading the Evolution 2.0.3 stuff, I also had to download some gnome stuff as well. I think this update has corrupted my KDE desktop somehow. I can't even do a Mandrake Update or Mandrake Control centre in KDE anymore. It has basically forced me to go to Gnome.

Any ideas?

----

It fixed itsellf. I have no idea why. I just hope Central Services doesn't send its workmen around to find out why it fixed itself.

Edited by neilinoz