Mouse speed slow when using games fullscreen

TheGreenKnight

I'm using mdk9.1 and when I run a game fullscreen the mouse is rather slow i.e. it could do with some adjustment to speed it up. This happens with Homeworld, Wesnoth and OpenTTD. It probably happens with others but I haven't done an exhaustive test.

I have tried using 'xset m 10/1 4' which makes the mouse under KDE go super-sensitive, but when playing OpenTTD fullscreen it doesn't make any difference whatsoever, which leads me to the conclusion that the mouse speed is fixed and unchangeable in fulllscreen mode.

Any ideas would be welcome. mdk9.1 uses XFree86 4.3.x i believe, and I am using KDE with NVidia drivers.

[moved from Software by spinynorman]

Apparently SDL takes complete control of the mouse fullscreen, so that using 'xset m' would make no difference. I imagine that the developers of each individual game are programming-in a suitable mouse speed.

iphitus: most games then would have their own sensitivity settings. Therefore I am quite puzzled as to why most (SDL) games don't allow you to adjust the sensitivity through a cfg file or ingame slider.