Hi. I have a problem with 10.1CE.

Firstly this is my basic spec:

2xPII Xeon 400

512Mb Ram

1x30Gb and 1x80Gb HDDs

SB Live

Old Radeon DDR VIVO

Cheap 10/100 Network Card

I cant get to configuration files etc, coz the system wont boot after installation.

I am attempting to install to an 800Mb /boot partition and then a 20Gb root RAID0 accross the 2 drives, with a 1Gb swap partition on each drive. The rest will be used for windows and a shared data partition, but they can wait.

I set all this up in the Mandrake installation, it installed without complaint, but then on first boot it comes up with an error saying it cant find any devices for md0.

This method has worked with 10.0. Any ideas?

Guest drmouse

just an update, if you install 10.0 then upgrade to .1 it works, altho it warns that devfs is in use rather than udev. could this be something to do with it?

it could well be some kind of bug with udev and RAID, though it's hard to be sure without more info. What happens if you try and use udev instead of devfs on the updated 10.1? To test, make sure the udev package is installed and then make a *separate* boot menu entry identical to the one you currently use but without the bit that says "devfs=mount", then try booting from that option. (Don't replace your current entry, in case the new one doesn't work!)

Guest drmouse

thanks just tried that.

it still says its using devfs tho, and at the start of the [OK] list it shows "starting devfsd".

oh well it works atm, will have to find out at a later date.