K3b and DVD-R

Apoc

k3b sometimes detects a blank DVD-R in my drive sometimes it doesn't, which is the first wierd occurance.

Secondly on a burn of copying a DVD is reports completed successfully but is at 4325/4330. (but an ls -l in the mnt dir proves all is ok so thats fine).

I have burnt several images of dvd's and have had varying success. Tried last night one on server and one on my main computer and both failed. One got about 2GB through the other about 3.6GB of 4.3GB. Which is wierd. I have put this down to me reading the same image from the same computer over the network, and am trying it again with just my main computer burning the image.

Anyone else had the same problems?

Apoc

Guest jamie.s

I had a similar problem with my Lite-On DVD+/-RW at one point. The problem I found was that early firmwares for most drives do not support all media types properly. Updating my firmware (and keeping it updated regularly) has solved my problem. Hope this helps

will check my firmware /me hopes it can be updated in Linux. I tried yesterday with same media (as has burnt fine before on it (copy - copy) but image to disc this time) and it didn't work.. 4MB not written, date verification unsuccesful..

At a loss at what else could be wrong.. think dvd+RW work fine.. just dvd-R. i will try my other burner and see if that fares any better.

Apoc