wifi almost working in 10.0/10.1

I'm trying to get 10.1 running on my Toshiba Tecra 9100. 9.2 works extremely well, but I gave up on 10.0 as wireless didn't work, and everything turned black in X sometime after 10.0 rc1.

X is all better in 10.1, so I'm hoping to get wireless to work so that I can finally use KDE 3.2 in a stable environment again. ( I upgraded 9.2 to KDE 3.2 but I eventually had to re-install 9.2. Things got too hinky after a while)

Anyway, wireless doesn't work. I found bug 514 in the anthill, and now PCMCIA is working, which in my case means that the built in wireless card is now detected.

If I run iwconfig, I see signal strength and the access points MAC address, so I know that the internal wifi and the AP are talking to each other, but I'm not getting an IP address from the AP, and if I manually input an IP address for the wifi card, I get a "network not available" message. drakconnect is not helping. harddrake2 shows the wifi adaptor, but configuring it doesn't get me anywhere.

I've searched TFW, and am not getting anywhere, so if any of you can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

Below is the contents of /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth2:

DEVICE=eth2

BOOTPROTO=static

IPADDR=192.168.0.85

NETMASK=255.255.255.0

NETWORK=192.168.0.0

BROADCAST=192.168.0.255

ONBOOT=yes

HWADDR=00:02:2d:58:51:44

MII_NOT_SUPPORTED=yes

WIRELESS_MODE=Managed

WIRELESS_ESSID=xitho1

ifconfig eth2 up will bring up the interface, but as I said, I don't get an IP address from the AP if I am using DHCP, or I get that previously mentioned "network not available" message.

TIA

Scott

[moved from Hardware by spinynorman]